Information & Responsibilities
This is a full time position with multiple shifts available which may include weekends, early mornings, or late afternoons. Custodians are responsible for keeping assigned areas clean, sanitary, safe and orderly. Special cleaning and building maintenance duties may be assigned. This position is under the general supervision of the Manager, Facilities Maintenance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Sweep, mop, scrub, wax and vacuum various floor covers
- Dust, wax, wash and polish furniture and woodwork
- Replenish restroom supplies and fill dispensers
- Clean and polish metal work
- Wash, scrub and disinfect restrooms
- Wash windows, walls, sinks and water fountains
- Observe and report the need for repairs
- Pick up trash, and empty and clean trash receptacles
- Do emergency clean-up resulting from vandalism, breakage, spill or illness
- Other duties assigned
- Ability to perform assigned tasks and to work effectively without close supervision
- Ability to read, write and understand English and to carry out oral and written instructions in English
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to move heavy items and to push carts either manually or using special equipment
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationship with Supervisor(s), coworkers and other CalArts employees at all times
- Upon offer of employment, must submit to a background check and take and pass a physical examination.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Minimum one year custodial or janitorial experience
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and modern cleaning methods common to commercial janitorial services
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Knowledge of relevant, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective safety operations
How to Apply
This position is available immediately. If you are interested, please follow the link to Interfolio below:
Custodian - ID:126762
$18.00 - $18.76 an hour
Equity & Diversity
California Institute of the Arts shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
CalArts has a multidisciplinary approach to its studies of the arts through six schools: Art, Critical Studies, Dance, Film/Video, Music and Theater. CalArts encourages students to explore and recognize the complexity of the many aspects of the arts. It is supported by a distinguished faculty of practicing artists and provides its Bachelor and Master of Fine Arts students with the hands-on training and exposure necessary for an artist's growth. CalArts was founded in 1961 and opened in 1969 as the first institution of higher learning in the United States specifically for students interested in the pursuit of degrees in all areas of visual and performing arts.