Job Search Guides
Job Search Guides
- Action Verbs
- Artist Bio and Statement
- Cover Letter Guidelines
- Create a Thirty Second Introduction
- Finding An Internship
- Linkedin Guidelines
- Marketing and Self-Promotion
- Staffing Agencies for Artists
- Thank You Letter Guide
- Writing Accomplishment Statements
- GYST Professional Practices Guides
For more detailed information and additional free guides, visit GYST, founded by CalArts Fine Art faculty Karen Atkinson. Topics include writing a CV, developing a portfolio, goal setting, time management, grant writing, and more!
CalArts students and alumni can view jobs and internships available only to our community via CommonSpace. You can register as a student or alumni here to begin viewing opportunities. Once you've joined, you can also build a portfolio, participate in the workspace, and network with other CalArts students and alumni.
National Job Bulletins
The following are complete Job Bulletins that Student Affairs subscribes to. Some are very large, but if you know a keyword you are looking for (i.e. film), you should be able to use your web browser's 'Find...' command, usually found under the Edit menu to speed up your perusal.
- 24 Seven Listings of marketing, digital, and creative jobs.
- Job Choices. Features sample resumes, interview tips, job-search advice, links to employers hiring new college graduates, and more.
- ArtSearch (Bi-Monthly)
- CAA Online Career Center Note: CAA does not allow for group memberships to their career site. Click View All Jobs to see available positions and locations. In order to learn more about each opportunity, go to the individual school's website.
- Chronicle of Higher Education (Weekly)
- CalArts Employment
- California Arts Council
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College Central Network Services
- Creative Hotlist
- LA 2050
- LA CultureNet
- LinkedIn Job Search
- Media Match
- Music Jobs
- New York Foundation for the Arts
- Southern California Broadcasters Association
- TV Jobs
- ZAPPlication is a one-stop online application manager for artists.