- In accordance with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), records may not be released to a third party without the prior written authorization of the student.
- You can submit your written request in-person, by mail, email or fax. You may only email your request if you have the ability to scan a signed Transcript Request Form or your signature, and send it to the Registrar's Office: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Transcript will not be sent until all holds or financial obligations to CalArts are paid, including fines or fees.
- Only coursework taken at CalArts is included on the transcript. Copies of transcripts from other colleges will not be provided.
- Transcripts include Work in Progress for students enrolled in the current semester.
- Transcript requests will be processed in 3-5 business days.
How to Request an Official Transcript
- Complete a written request
All requests must include:
- Your complete name you attended school under and any maiden name
- Your dates of attendance
- Your Date of Birth
- The name and address of the official transcript destination
- Your address and a phone number where you can be reached
- Number of official copies of transcript being requested
- Your signature
Official transcripts sent by the Registrar’s Office directly to other colleges and universities or sent directly to potential employers or other education related entities are free of charge.
Official transcripts issued directly to the student are available for a $3.00 fee. To pay your fee, please contact the Accounting Office at 661.253.7846.
If you have any further questions, please contact the Registrar’s Office.
California Institute of the Arts
24700 McBean Parkway
Valencia, CA 91355