2015-2016 Students’ Union
The CalArts Students’ Union directs the flow of information related to student need and is headed by elected representatives of each of the six schools and other student groups. This organization provides an open forum for students to express concerns about the Institute; serving as liaisons to the Board of Trustees, administration, faculty, and staff; and providing for the student body by awarding grants and funding projects/events around campus. The Union functions to unite the student body in order to foster a fully interdisciplinary, progressive and creative environment.
Student Union Office
Room D211 (by Tatum Lounge)
- Art: Elisabeth Huth, Megan Burnham, Es Youn
- Critical Studies: Jesse VanDenKooy
- Dance: Elizabeth Geocaris & Nuri Baylerian
- Film/Video: Valerie Schwarz, Gordon Straub, & Savannah Weymouth
- Music: Kelly Furniss & Fernando Orellana
- Theater: Abigail Salling & Mackenzie Rasmus
- Abigail Salling, Chief of Staff
- Gia Ahn, Staff Graphic Designer
- Leann Lo, Communications Director
Students seeking out funding for projects, travel, or métier expenses should apply by filling out the Online Grant Application Form .