Financial Aid Application deadline:
February 15, 2016
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete a FAFSA to apply for federal financial aid, including federal grants and student loans, at www.fafsa.gov
- If you are a FIRST TIME federal student loan borrower at CalArts, you must also complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling at www.studentloans.gov
NOTE: Undergraduate California Residents only: apply for a Cal Grant (California state grant) by completing the FAFSA AND mailing a completed CalGrant GPA Verification.pdf by MARCH 2 (postmark deadline for the CalGrant GPA Verification Form).
In some cases, we may ask you to submit additional documentation to the Financial Aid Office. If so, please submit the information to the CalArts Financial Aid Office as soon possible to avoid delays in processing your financial aid.
Perkins Loan borrowers must complete Perkins Loan Counseling each year that they borrow a Perkins Loan.
FINANCIAL AID AWARDS
When financial aid awards are available, financial aid applicants will receive an email notification to go online and view financial aid in the CalArts portal, the Hub. All students must accept or reject their financial aid awards online before financial aid can be processed.
A link to the Hub and detailed instructions are available in the "My Financial Aid" section at the top right of this webpage.
- Log in at https://hub.calarts.edu
- Click on the Financial Aid menu
- Next, click on View Financial Aid Awards by Year or by Term
- Next, Click on "Accept or reject My Financial Aid Awards" - beside each award, select "accept or "reject"
- Click the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the page
- You will receive a confirmation page for your records