INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES FOR UNDERGRADUATES AVAILABLE THIS SUMMER WITH THE CALARTS COMMUNITY ARTS PARTNERSHIP!
2015 GETTY MULTICULTURAL UNDERGRADUATE INTERNSHIPS
- The Getty Multicultural Undergraduate Internship opportunity is intended for members of groups
underrepresented in the professions related to museums and the visual arts, particularly individuals of African American, Asian, Latino/Hispanic, Native American, and Pacific Islander descent.
- The 2015 Getty Internship is a full-time position for a ten-week period between June and August 2015.
- The intern is awarded a stipend of $4,000.
Applicants must meet the following requirements from the Getty Foundation:
- You must be of African American, Asian, Latino/Hispanic, Native American, and Pacific Islander descent.
- You must be a currently enrolled undergraduates. Students must have completed at least one semester of college by June 2015 to be eligible for the internship (including seniors who graduate in June 2015).
- You must be a resident of or attend college in Los Angeles County.
- You must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
For more information about the Getty Multicultural Undergraduate Internship visit: http://www.getty.edu/foundation/initiatives/current/mui/mui_students.html
CAP Teaching Artist Residency & Practicum Internship Description
CAP Teaching Artist Residency & Practicum Intern
Based at the CAP office located on the campus of CalArts, The CAP Teaching Artist Residency & Practicum
Intern will work with the Artistic Director of CAP to support the CAP Residency & Practicum for
Teaching Arts—an eight-week initiative for teaching artists that combines 5 weeks of coursework at CalArts
with a 3-week long teaching practicum in the CAPSA program.
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover
letter to Glenna Avila, Artistic Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use GETTY INTERNSHIP as subject
line for email submissions.
CAP Summer Arts Program Internship Description
The CAP Summer Arts Program Intern will assist in coordinating and organizing CAP’s summer pre-college mentoring program, the CAP Summer Arts (CAPSA) Program, which will be held for three weeks during the summer at Ramón C. Cortines School of the Visual and Performing Arts in downtown Los Angeles. The intern will assist with recruitment, registration, field trips, college fair, program documentation, exhibition installation, and public events.
- Ability to work well with a team and independently.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Basic understanding/use of Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, ability to proofread and type competently.
- Other computer skills, including basic design skills, are a plus.
To Apply: Please email your resume and a cover letter to Debra Broz, CAP Summer Program Coordinator, at email@example.com. Please use GETTY INTERNSHIP as the subject line for email submissions.
Applications must be received by Friday, April 24, 2015 at 5pm.
About the Getty Multi-Cultural Internship Program
Since 1993, the Getty Foundation's Multicultural Undergraduate Internship program has provided full-time work opportunities to more than 2,700 undergraduates, exposing them to careers in the arts. Aiming to increase diversity in and provide support for Los Angeles-area museums and visual arts organizations, the program provides funding for internships at these organizations. The Foundation's support enables organizations to host students in full-time, paid internships for ten weeks during the summer.