Jump to Navigation


On-campus resources

Printed information and individual consultations are available to all students at the Student Health Office and the Student Affairs Office. We have reading material on how to identify people with alcohol or drug problems, how to help a friend with a drinking problem, and characteristics of children from dysfunctional families.

Student-led Alcoholics Anonymous and Adult Children of Alcoholics groups sometimes meet during the school year. For information on meeting times and locations, ask the nurse or one of the counselors in Student Affairs. 

  • Student Health Office is in room D207, ext. 7830
  • Student Affairs is in room A207, ext. 7874

Off-campus resources

Student Affairs also has a resource directory that can help locate outpatient and inpatient substance abuse recovery programs throughout Southern California.

  • Alcohol Treatment Center 24-Hour Help Line 800.711.6375
  • AA-Santa Clarita Valley 661.250.9922 (office) 24-hour line
  • Henry Mayo Memorial Hospital Behavioral Health Unit 661.253.8989 (24-hour line)
  • National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependency 818.997.0414
  • Alcohol and Abuse 24-Hour Action Hotline 800.991.4483
  • Crisis Help (Depression – Drugs – Alcohol) 866.427.4747

For rape and sexual offenses

  • Valley Trauma Center 661.253.0258 (24-hour line)
  • Los Angeles Commission on Assaults against Women 213.626.3393 (24-hour hotline)

Note: for a comprehensive listing of resources in Los Angeles County, please ask for assistance in the Student Affairs Office.

In addition: The Institute's policies on rape and sexual harassment are included in the Student, Faculty and Staff Handbooks. Included in the Student Handbook are suggested steps to take in case of a rape. Included in all three handbooks are the Institute's procedures to follow in cases of sexual harassment.

Last edited by dthatt on Jul 14, 2011
Close Menu
Open Menu