If you have a balance due for the semester after scholarships, grants and loans have been applied, CalArts offers many different options for payment. See below for details:
Pay Balance Due in Full
CalArts partners with Official Payments Corporation to enable online payments.
- Login to the CalArts Self Service with your CalArts Credentials.
- Select the "Student Finance" tab.
- Click on the "Make a Payment" tab and use the drop down menu to choose a payment method.
- Please make a payment directly through the OPC Website.
- You may pay in full online by electronic check from your checking or savings account (no processing fee) or by credit card (Mastercard, VISA or Discover, with a 2.55% processing fee).
- Please make sure to include the student’s name and 7-digit I.D. number (e.g., 0500007) with your payment.
Pay by Mail
- Check or money order payable to “CalArts”
- All payments must be made in U.S. dollars. Foreign currency will not be accepted
- Please include student’s name and I.D. number on check or money order
- Please mail to:
Attention: Accounting Office
24700 McBean Parkway
Valencia, CA 91355
CalArts has partnered with Western Union to expedite payments and save you wire transfer fees for payments sent from non U.S. bank accounts. Please see the Western Union Info Sheet for detailed information. To begin the payment process, click CalArts/Western Union International student payment portal and follow the steps. You will receive a statement with your rate quote which you will print out and take to your bank to initiate the wire.
Pay by Wire Transfer
If paying by wire transfer, please be sure to check with your bank for the cost of the wire. The bank usually deducts the cost of the wire from the amount of money that you send, which in some instances may cause your payment to be short. Please use the following information:
Bank of America – Woodland Hills Branch
5945 Canoga Ave.
Woodland Hills, CA 91367
Make Payable to:
California Institute of the Arts
Beneficiary Account Number: 14650-01460
Beneficiary Routing (ABA) number (U.S.): 026-009-593
Swift Code (International): BOFAUS3N
Please reference the student name and I.D. number in the wire
Pay in Person
The Accounting Office is open from 9 am to 4 pm, Monday through Friday, closed on Fridays Mid-May through the end of August. During these hours payments may be made in person via credit card (Mastercard, VISA or Discover), cash, personal check, cashier’s check, traveler’s check, electronic check or money order. All payments must be made in U.S. dollars; foreign currency will not be accepted.
In an effort to help students and families meet their educational expenses, CalArts has partnered with Tuition Management Systems (TMS) to administer a monthly payment plan. CalArts payment plan is an interest-free monthly payment plan handled by Tuition Management Systems (https://calarts.afford.com), which allows you to divide tuition and other expenses into four smaller monthly payments spread out over the semester.
- The cost to enroll is $45 per semester. There is no interest or other costs as long as you make your payments on time. If your payment is late, there is a $40 late fee. Each semester you need to re-enroll with Tuition Management Systems, it will not happen automatically.
- Once enrolled, you will be billed monthly by Tuition Management Systems. Payment can be made through Tuition Management Systems online, by phone or by mail. Automatic monthly deductions from your checking or savings account are available at no additional cost. Tuition Management Systems does not accept credit cards for the monthly payments.
- TMS wire information:
60 Livingston Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55107
Make Payable to:
Tuition Management Systems
Beneficiary Account Number: 130117951140
Beneficiary Routing (ABA) number (U.S.): 042000013
Swift Code (International): USBKUS44MT
Please be sure to include the student’s name and TMS account number.
- For the fall semester, effective Fall 2016, TMS offers a four payment plan. Your payments are due August 10th, September 10th, October 10th and November 10th. If your semester balance is not paid in full by November 25th, you will not be eligible for a payment plan the following semester.
- For the spring semester, effective Spring 2017, TMS offers a four payment plan. Your payments are due December 10th, January 10th, February 10th and March 10th. If your semester balance is not paid in full by March 25th, you will not be eligible for a payment plan the following semester.
- If you enroll in a TMS payment plan and the plan is terminated for nonpayment, the entire outstanding balance for the semester becomes due to CalArts immediately. If you have a history of delinquent payments, you may not be eligible for a payment plan in the future.
To find out more or to set up a payment plan please visit https://calarts.afford.com or call TMS at 800.722.4867.